Last updated: October 9, 2017
Welcome to Happo, we are glad you want to join us! Please read these terms carefully.
1. The Happo services
2. Modification to Happo services and terms
Happo reserves the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) at any time without informing the user. We may also revise and update the Terms from time to time without notification. We encourage you to check this page to take notice of any changes we have made. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes.
We will not be liable if (for any reason) all or any part of the Service is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to the Service (in whole or in part), to users, including registered users.
3. Your secrecy regarding Happo support
All information of your use of Happo regarding your recruitment process, as candidates, candidate information, comments, evaluation, and collaborators is only visible for you, your team admin and your invited collaborators. Happo support may, in case of a client request, or technical issues, get access to this information and have thereby agreed on a confidentiality agreement.
4. Your account information
By using the Services (and registering an Account on the Service) you provide us with information such as email address.Happo does not claim ownership to your information. However, by uploading information to the Service you give Happo the limited rights to your content necessary to offer the Services.
You acknowledge that when using the Service you are fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information and for all activities that occur under your account. For the avoidance of doubt, Happo is not responsible and does not control the content posted or shared by Service users via the Services and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such user information.
Happo is entitled to, at its sole discretion, refuse, modify, delete or disable any content available via the Services. Furthermore, Happo is entitled to suspend or terminate your account and to refuse any future use of the Service should you act in breach of this section.
5. Reliance on information posted
The information presented on or through the Service is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk.
6. Proper use of the service
- in any way that violates any applicable local and international law or regulation.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail","chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- to impersonate or attempt to impersonate Happo or a Happo employee, another user, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Service, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Happo (including its associates) or users of the Service or expose them to liability.
Additionally, Service users may not:
- use the Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Service or interfere with any other party's use of the Service, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Service.
- use any robot, spider or other automatic devices, process or means to access the Service for any purpose, including to monitor or copy any of the material on the Service.
- use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Service or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Service.
- introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Service, the server on which the Service is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Service.
- attack the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service.
By registering an account on the Services, you warrant that:
- you shall provide true, accurate and complete information
- you have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into these Terms and to perform the acts required of you hereunder
- you shall not infringe any intellectual property
We have the right to:
- take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Service.terminate your access to all or part of the service for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any materials on or through the Service. You agree to waive and hold Happo harmless against any claims resulting from any action taken by Happo during or as a result of its monitoring and enforcement actions.
7. Intellectual property rights
Happo and/or its suppliers, as applicable, retain ownership of all proprietary rights, including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, in the Service and in all trade names, trademarks and service marks associated with the Service.
8. Payment terms
Happo offers additional paid features within the Happo Business Service. Happo Business will continuously add more functionality and is a service for those who are in need of a great recruitment tool. Should you choose to subscribe into a Business Account, Happo will bill your credit card a monthly or annual basis, depending on your chosen billing plan, from the date you convert to a Business Account.
You may terminate Happo Business at any time and return to Happo Basic (free). The Business Account will remain in force until Happo Business is canceled or terminated. In case of canceled subscription, your account will turn into a Happo Basic Account (free). In that case, your account statistics, and other Business features will be unreachable. If subscribing later again you get access to your statistics but only for your subscribing months.
In the event of late payment in case of invoicing, Happo is entitled to, in addition to interest on late payments in accordance with the Swedish Interest Act, charge an administrative fee of SEK 50. Furthermore, late payments entitle Happo to take other legal measures deemed necessary to collect such fees and to terminate the Paid Account.
Happo is entitled to change the fees for Happo Business Accounts from time to time. Should the fees change, Happo will give you a notice in advance via the email address associated with your account.
9. Termination and cancellation
You are free to end your account at any time.
Happo is entitled to, at its sole discretion and without notice, terminate the Service, the Agreement, or suspend or terminate your account at any time and for any reason.
The Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. Happo, its affiliates, and suppliers expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to any warranties or representation regarding results that may be obtained from the Service, the security of the Service, non-infringement or that the Service will meet any user´s requirements. No oral or written information or advice was given by Happo or its authorized representatives shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of Happo's obligations.
11. Limitation of liability
In no event shall Happo, its affiliates or suppliers be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages including, but not limited to, damages for loss of data, loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information or any other pecuniary loss or damage. This is regardless of whether Happo or any of its affiliates has been warned of such damages or if a remedy fails of its essential purpose or not. Happo’s liability is limited to the greatest extent as permitted by applicable law.
Furthermore, Happo, its affiliates and suppliers’ liability for any claims arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be limited to the amount paid by the Customer for the last 12 month period
In no event shall Happo be considered the employer of the applicants that have been recruited using the Service. Happo solely provides a tool for recruitment and thus have no part in any contract or agreement between a Customer and a candidate.
12. Entire agreement and general provisions
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Happo and supersedes any other prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, terms or conditions applicable to the subject matter.
These Terms create no third-party beneficiary rights.
13. Severability and waiver
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
14. Governing law and dispute resolution
Disputes shall be handled informally by you contacting Happo at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Happo contacting you via the email address associated with your account. Disputes that cannot be settled amicably shall be brought before the Parties’ CEO:s for further mediation.
Failure in finding an amicable solution within 60 days after referral of the dispute to the Parties’ CEO:s, shall be finally settled by arbitration administered by the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (the “SCC”). The Rules for Expedited Arbitrations shall apply, unless the SCC in its discretion determines, taking into account the complexity of the case, the amount in dispute and other circumstances, that the Arbitration Rules shall apply. In the latter case, the SCC shall also decide whether the Arbitral Tribunal shall be composed of one or three arbitrators.
The place of arbitration, unless agreed upon otherwise by you and Happo, shall be in Stockholm. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be Swedish.
Any dispute shall be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose. If you fail to report the complaint within the prescribed time and manner, your right to bring claims, or otherwise enforce contractual penalties as a result thereof, is forfeited.
Happo may nevertheless refer disputes regarding late payments to the general courts of Sweden.
Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Happo’s Terms of Service. You may contact us at email@example.com.